Security and Safety Regulations
You are obligated to take note of the following safety instructions before commissioning the powerline adapter. If you do not understand these instructions, it is advised that you do not commission this adapter.
- Using Mystrom, devices can be switched on and off remotely with the powerline adapter devices. As this is an IP-based system, no warranty can be given against malfunction. In particular, the devices may at times not switch on and off or do so with a delay (too early or too late). For this reason, we urgently advise that you do not connect devices which may become damaged due to an activation error. Never connect devices, which require supervision by a person (e.g. hotplate). Do not connect devices and do not control them via the Internet if this may constitute a danger to other persons or if a malfunction in the remote control may cause consequential damages.
- Only connect devices with a total consumption of 2375 watts per adapter to the electricity plug.
- Only use the adapter in a dry location. Do not use the adapter in bathrooms. Do not pour any liquids onto the adapter and do not dip the adapter into any liquids.
- The adapter may not be opened. There are no parts in the interior of the adapter which can be repaired by laypersons. Therefore, do not attempt to repair the adapter yourself. There is a risk of electrocution!
- Only ever use the supplied network cable for connecting the adapter.
- Do not insert any items into the openings of the adapter. Slits and openings on the casing serve as ventilation and may not be blocked or covered up. Please ensure that the adapter has sufficient ventilation so that the device does not overheat.
- To disconnect the adapter from the mains supply pull the device out of the plug.
- Do not place the adapter in direct sunshine.
- The adapter may not be set up in direct proximity to a heater.
- Before cleaning the casing disconnect the adapter from the mains supply. Only use a slightly damp cloth to clean the adapter and never use thinners, petrol, alcohol or other aggressive cleaning agent, as these may damage the casing.
- In the event of damage, disconnect the adapter from the mains supply.The following cases indicate damage:
– If the plug is damaged.
– If liquid was spilt onto the adapter or if it was exposed to rain.
– If objects have entered the adapter.
– If the adapter does not work.
– If the adapter casing is damaged.