Security and Safety Regulations
You are obligated to take note of the following safety instructions before commissioning the WiFi Switch. If you do not understand these instructions, it is advised that you do not commission this device.
- Using myStrom, devices can be switched on and off remotely with the WiFi Switch. As this is an IP-based system, no warranty can be given against malfunction. In particular, the devices may at times not switch on and off or do so with a delay (too early or too late). For this reason, we urgently advise that you do not connect devices which may become damaged due to an activation error. Never connect devices, which require supervision by a person (e.g. hotplate). Do not connect devices and do not control them via the Internet if this may constitute a danger to other persons or if a malfunction in the remote control may cause consequential damages.
- Never connect the WiFi Switch with devices that exceed a total consumption of 2375 watts.
- Only use the WiFi Switch in a dry location. Do not use the WiFi Switch in bathrooms. Do not pour any liquids onto the WiFi Switch and do not dip the WiFi Switch into any liquids.
- The WiFi Switch may not be opened. There are no parts in the interior of the WiFi Switch which can be repaired by laypersons. Therefore, do not attempt to repair the WiFi Switch yourself. There is a risk of electrocution!
- Do not insert any items into the openings of the WiFi Switch. Slits and openings on the casing serve as ventilation and may not be blocked or covered up. Please ensure that the WiFi Switch has sufficient ventilation so that the device does not overheat.
- To disconnect the WiFi Switch from the mains supply pull the device out of the plug.
- Do not place the WiFi Switch in direct sunshine.
- The WiFi Switch may not be set up in direct proximity to a heater.
- Before cleaning the casing disconnect the WiFi Switch from the mains supply. Only use a slightly damp cloth to clean the WiFi Switch and never use thinners, petrol, alcohol or other aggressive cleaning agent, as these may damage the casing.
- In the event of damage, disconnect the WiFi Switch from the mains supply. The following cases indicate damage:
– If the WiFi Switch is damaged.
– If liquid was spilt onto the WiFi Switch or if it was exposed to rain.
– If objects have entered the WiFi Switch.
– If the WiFi Switch does not work.
– If the WiFi Switch casing is damaged.